Thursday, February 18, 2010

Laura of California

Above: Laura Taylor by Kyle Johnson, December 2008

Once upon a time we were on the same level. But we're not anymore. We haven't been for a long time. You wanna know what happened? She braved the world & made it her own a thousand times over. She explored. She risked. She dared. She loved. She lost. She hurt. She cried. Everything. She pursued each & every single dream she ever had or wanted. She's gone to Egypt & lived there for a few months as an assistant to archaeologists. Been on the road & trekked all over The United States of America, on tour with rock 'n roll bands. Hell, I don't even doubt if she's fallen in love with one or two or maybe even more than a few. I wonder what great loves she has known during her life journeys. She's lived in Brooklyn, worked as an intern/assistant/stylist for a roster of fashion designers, media publications & photographers in the greater city of Manhattan, experienced working behind-the-scenes at Bryant Park Fashion week, been to The Siren Fest at Coney Island & rode The Cyclone-- I know, we went on it together & I even have the overpriced photograph that you could get at the end once the ride was over as a souvenir of that day. She currently lives in Los Angeles right now where it's ethereal sunshine summertime beauty year round. She grew to become a woman. Whereas I stayed behind in New York, still living at home with my family & remained a boy. I really do feel like I am Rufio of Neverland & she grew up. I am not sad that she grew up, though. No. What I am sad about is that direct side-effect of her growing out of me. We grew apart. Once upon a time we shared the same world. Now we reside in our respective galaxies. I still keep in touch with her though, every now & again. Corresponding with her from my Eastern Throne to her Western Pedestal. Her name is Laura Taylor & photography is her passion.

Below: Laura Taylor by Jessica Gary for Seychelles Footwear



*BONUS FUN FACT*
Laura starred as the leading role in the music video for indie rock band The Little Heroes' song, "Thank You"


Below: Photographs by Laura Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment